How Much Weight Can You Lose in a Month?
If you’re ready to make the commitment to drop weight and lean out, you might be asking yourself the question: “how much weight can you lose in a month?” While rapid weight loss is possible in 30 days, shedding pounds at a slower pace helps you keep lost weight off long term – even for life!
- 1 How Much Weight Can You Lose in a Month – How to Calculate
- 2 How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month
- 3 #1 Write Down What You Eat
- 4 #2 Boost Water Intake
- 6 #3 Weight Your Self Every Day
- 7 #4 Track Inches Lost
- 8 #5 Begin Weight Loss Workouts
- 9 #6 Try a Weight Loss Program for Men
- 10 #7 Train for an Event
- 11 #8 Eat at Home More
- 12 #9 Increase Protein
- 13 #10 Reduce Refined Grains
- 14 Sample Weight Loss Meal Plan for Men
- 15 Additional Weight Loss Meals and Snacks for Men
- 16 How to Get Started with a 30-Day Weight Loss
- 17 Claim your FREE 14 Day Fat Loss Kickstart
- 18 This program has been designed to be done at home and specifically to get you results in 14 Days during the lockdown period.
How Much Weight Can You Lose in a Month – How to Calculate
The amount of weight you can safely lose in a month is about 5-10 pounds or about 1-2 pounds per week. While faster weight loss of 20 pounds in 30 days is certainly possible, dropping weight at the slower 1-2-pound pace increases your chance of keeping lost weight off long term.
To meet a weight loss goal of 2 pounds weekly, aim to reduce your current energy intake by 1,000 per day or reduce calories by 500 AND expend an additional 500 calories daily by being more active.
For many men, eating just 1,500-1,800 calories per day is effective for weight loss, reports the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). This calorie allotment helps many men achieve a safe, healthy weight loss they can maintain long term. Your individualized weight loss calorie needs vary based on your usual intake, size, and how active you are.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month
The best way to lose 10 pounds in a month is to make simple lifestyle changes, one at a time. Begin by:
#1 Write Down What You Eat
Begin your 10-pound weight loss journey by writing down what you eat every day in a food journal. Record the type of food you consume and the portion sizes you eat. For packaged foods, use food labels to determine their calorie content. With non-packaged, fresh foods, use a calorie counting app or an online nutrition database to determine your daily calorie intake during weight loss.
#2 Boost Water Intake
Increase your current water intake to effectively drop 10-pounds in 30 days. Men need about 16 cups of fluid every day, but your individualized fluid needs are based on how much you sweat, how much lean body mas
s you have, and your size. Drink water before meals to boost satiety and reduce your overall calorie intake during weight loss.
#3 Weight Your Self Every Day
Studies show that regular daily weigh-ins help you stick with a 30-day weight loss plan of losing 1-2 pounds per week. Step on the scale first thing in the morning and write down that number to track progress over time.
#4 Track Inches Lost
In addition to tracking body weight, measure the inches you’ve lost too! Track your waist and hip circumference to find out how much body fat you’re losing, as lean mass weighs more than fat. Record your measurements weekly to determine if your weight loss method is working!
#5 Begin Weight Loss Workouts
Weight loss workouts make it easier to reach a 10-pound weight loss goal in one month’s time. Bump up your cardiovascular exercise or consider 30-minute circuit training or body weight workouts for men. Fitter Healthier Dad offers fat-burning workouts that aid in weight loss and help you turn fat into muscle mass.
#6 Try a Weight Loss Program for Men
Using a weight loss program, especially one that offers social or wellness coaching support, increases your chance of successfully shedding pounds. The Fitter Healthier Dad ‘No Gym’ program is specifically designed for men over 40, and the program receives rave reviews. Why? Because it works! Try it for yourself to achieve the body weight and muscular build you’ve been striving for.
#7 Train for an Event
Training for an event can give you the motivation needed to stay on track with your workouts. Even if you don’t reduce your calorie intake, burning an extra 500 calories daily by exercising more helps you drop about 1 pound per week. Train for a short- or long-distance race or another athletic event to give your workouts a purpose. If group sports are more your style, sign up for a men’s basketball or soccer league in your area.
#8 Eat at Home More
Dining out is associated with higher body weights, so cook or eat at home as often as you can! Fill half of your plate with vegetables to help control your calorie intake. The other half of your plate should be protein-rich foods and fiber-rich starches – such as corn, peas, beans, other legumes, whole grains, or sweet potatoes.
#9 Increase Protein
Increasing your protein intake is an excellent way to cut calories to lose 10 pounds in a month. That’s because protein helps you feel full and makes it easier to build or maintain lean muscle mass. Protein-rich foods help you burn extra calories throughout the day. Choose lean meats, fish, seafood, chicken, turkey, eggs, low-fat dairy foods (low-fat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.) or plant milks to boost protein. Aim to consume about 1 gram of protein per pound of your ideal body weight daily.
#10 Reduce Refined Grains
Refined grains can pack on pounds quickly, making a 10-pound weight loss less realistic. Instead of eating refined grains like white rice, regular pasta, white bread, baked goods, sweets, and sugary cereal, opt for whole grain pasta, brown rice, quinoa, other whole grains, fruit, or starchy vegetables.
Sample Weight Loss Meal Plan for Men
The following weight loss meal plan for men can help you drop 5-10 pounds in one month’s time. Keep in mind your individual calorie needs vary, but use the following weight loss menu containing 1,600-1,700 calories as a guide:
Breakfast (387 calories)
- 2 eggs: 144 calories
- 1 cup of cooked oatmeal: 150 calories
- 1/2 ounce of walnuts: 93 calories
Snack (300 calories)
- A ready-to-drink or homemade protein shake made with 2 cups of plant milk or low-fat milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, and 1 teaspoon of peanut butter: 300 calories
Lunch (407 calories)
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli: 77 calories
- 3 ounces of grilled chicken: 126 calories
- 3/4 cup of brown rice: 164 calories
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil: 40 calories
Snack (172 calories)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt: 100 calories
- 1 very small banana: 72 calories
Dinner (397 calories)
- 3 ounces of baked cod: 90 calories
- 1 1/2 cups of asparagus: 60 calories
- 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa: 167 calories
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil: 80 calories
Total calories: 1,663
Additional Weight Loss Meals and Snacks for Men
Finding the right nutritious meals for weight loss in men is half of the battle. If you’re wondering how much weight can you lose in a month, try the following meal and snack ideas to get excess weight off quickly:
- A mushroom and spinach omelet with an orange and coffee
- Whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk, strawberries, and almonds
- A protein shake made with oatmeal
- Uncured turkey bacon, egg whites, fruit, and avocado slices
- Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with bananas and walnuts
- Quinoa with eggs and fruit
- Tuna over leafy greens and veggies plus Italian dressing
- Shrimp and veggie kabobs over brown rice
- Grilled chicken with corn and green beans
- Whole-grain pasta with olive oil pesto plus chicken and veggies
- Grilled chicken, eggs, and corn over leafy greens plus an oil-based dressing
- Taco seasoned very lean ground beef, olives, tomatoes, and reduced-fat cheese over greens
- Lean pork with whole-grain couscous and cooked carrots
- Avocados on whole-grain toast plus hard-boiled eggs and cantaloupe
- Ground turkey and bean chili
- Salmon with brown rice plus zucchini sautéed in olive oil
- A lean turkey burger or veggie burger in a lettuce wrap or whole-grain bun
- Baked chicken with a sweet potato and cauliflower
- Broth-based chicken soup with vegetables
- Cauliflower crust pizza with oil-based sauce plus veggies and chicken or lean ground turkey
- Chicken and vegetable stir fry over brown rice
- Bison with wild rice, a leafy green salad, and oil-based dressing
- Hummus with carrot sticks, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, or pea pods
- Low-fat cottage cheese with blueberries or kiwi fruit
- Air-popped popcorn plus nuts
- Nonfat Greek yogurt with fresh cherries
- Tuna with avocado slices on pita chips
- Nuts or seeds
- Protein shakes or bars
- Bananas, pears, or apples dipped in nut butter
How to Get Started with a 30-Day Weight Loss
Choosing the Fitter Healthier Dad ‘The Busy Dad Weight Loss and Fitness Program’ as your weight loss plan will help you drop 10 pounds in one month’s time, build muscle, and reduce excess body fat. You’ll receive the support you need to get and keep excess weight off. But why stop at 10 pounds? If you have more weight to lose, stay on the FHD program until you reach your goal weight!
By joining you’ll receive motivational support, custom meal plans, 30-minute workouts, and much more! Give it a try today or sign up for the free FHD 4-step fat-burning plan! Reaching your goal weight means a longer life expectancy, more energy for your family, and keeping up with your kids!