The 17 Best At-Home Medicine Ball Exercises for Men – No Gym Membership Required!
If you’re a dad with a busy schedule as many fathers are, it’s often difficult to get to a gym regularly. Fortunately, you don’t need a gym membership to get in shape and achieve the muscular physique you deserve. The Fitter Healthier Dad no gym program is the Exercise at home for men solution you’ve been searching for! Give it a try today to build muscle and burn fat fast.
If you’re seeking rapid results, try some of the best fat-burning exercises for men from the comfort of home using just one piece of equipment – a medicine ball! Aim to work out at least 30 minutes most days of the week, and complete 3-6 sets of at least 10 repetitions (or 30-60 seconds) for each exercise you choose. Examples of full body, lower body, and upper body at-home medicine ball exercises for men include:
- 1 #1 Medicine Ball Squats and Variations
- 2 #2 Medicine Ball Lunges and Variations
- 3 #3 Wall Squats and Variations
- 4 #4 Medicine Ball Slams
- 5 #5 Medicine Ball Burpees
- 6 #6 Medicine Ball Deadlifts
- 7 #7 Medicine Ball Calf Raises
- 8 #8 Medicine Ball Pushups
- 9 #9 Medicine Ball Chest Press
- 10 #10 Medicine Ball Biceps Curls
- 11 #11 Medicine Ball Triceps Dips
- 12 #12 Bent-Over Medicine Ball Rows
- 13 #13 Medicine Ball Front Raises
- 14 #14 Medicine Ball Planks and Variations
- 15 #15 Medicine Ball V Sit-Ups
- 16 #16 Medicine Ball Leg Raises
- 17 #17 Medicine Ball Russian Twists
- 18 How Important is Exercise at Home for Men?
- 19 Claim your FREE 14 Day Fat Loss Kickstart
- 20 This program has been designed to be done at home and specifically to get you results in 14 Days during the lockdown period.
#1 Medicine Ball Squats and Variations
Complete squats while holding a medicine ball near your chest. Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and squat down until your thighs are about parallel with the floor. Stand back up and repeat. Variations include:
- Squat to press: raise the medicine ball above your head at the height of each squat.
- Squat to throw: throw the medicine ball up above your head at the height of each squat and catch it as you squat back down.
- Squat to curl: complete a biceps curl with the medicine ball at the height of each squat.
- Jump squats: hold your medicine ball at your chest and jump at the height of each squat.
#2 Medicine Ball Lunges and Variations
While holding your medicine ball, lunge forward with your right leg until your left knee almost touches the floor. Stand back up and lunge forward with your left leg until your right knee almost touches the floor and repeat. Variations include:
- Alternating jumping lunges: jump into the air after each lunge and quickly switch positions (from a right leg lung to a left leg lunge), alternating continuously.
- Walking lunges: walk in a forward (or backward) direction by taking slow, lunging steps while holding your medicine ball as resistance.
#3 Wall Squats and Variations
Hold your medicine ball at your chest and squat down with your back against a wall. Your thighs should be about parallel with the floor. Hold the position for 30-60 seconds or as long as you can! Variation include:
- Place the medicine ball between your knees while holding a squat position against the wall.
- Place the medicine ball between your back and the wall during each squat hold.
#4 Medicine Ball Slams
Complete a squat while holding your medicine ball. At the height of your squat, lift your arms above your head and throw the medicine ball to the ground between your feet with force. Catch the ball on a rebound and repeat medicine ball slams continuously for at least 30-60 seconds.
#5 Medicine Ball Burpees
Complete medicine ball burpees to burn extra fat and boost muscle building. Complete a jump squat while holding your medicine ball and quickly place the ball on the floor at your feet. Do a medicine ball pushup and abruptly place your feet close to your hands and complete another jump squat. Repeat continuously for 30-60 seconds.
#6 Medicine Ball Deadlifts
To complete medicine ball deadlifts, stand up with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart while holding your medicine ball. Bend at your waist, keeping your back and arms straight, until your back is about parallel with the floor. Stand back up and repeat the exercise for 30-60 seconds.
#7 Medicine Ball Calf Raises
Stand up with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Hold your medicine ball as resistance and lift your body up on your toes using your calf muscles. Lower your heels down until they almost touch the ground and lift your body back up on your toes once again. Repeat continuously.
#8 Medicine Ball Pushups
To do medicine ball pushups, place the ball on the ground with your hands on top of it and get into a plank position. Complete a pushup by slowly lowering your upper body until your chest almost touches the medicine ball. Lift your body back up using your arms and repeat as many times as you can. For an added challenge, try elevated medicine ball pushups by placing your feet on a weight bench behind you.
#9 Medicine Ball Chest Press
Lie on your back on a weight bench (or on the floor) to complete a medicine ball chest press. Hold the medicine ball up in the air with your arms straight and lower it down until it almost touches your chest. Lift the ball back up and repeat continuously.
#10 Medicine Ball Biceps Curls
Stand up with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and hold your medicine ball. Complete bicep curls (using both arms at a time) with the medicine ball continuously for as many reps as you can!
#11 Medicine Ball Triceps Dips
To do medicine ball triceps dips, get on the floor with your butt nearly touching the ground, your legs bent, and your hands on a medicine ball behind your back. Using your triceps muscles, lift your butt and upper body off the floor. Slowly lower your butt toward the ground until it almost touches and back up again by straightening your arms. Repeat the exercise continuously by doing as many reps as you can.
#12 Bent-Over Medicine Ball Rows
To complete a bent-over medicine ball row, stand in a bent-over position with your back straight (about parallel with the floor) and your arms handing down. Slowly lift the medicine ball toward your chest and back down. Repeat the exercise continuously for at least 10 reps or 30-60 seconds.
#13 Medicine Ball Front Raises
Stand up and hold your medicine ball in your hands with your arms down in front of your body to complete medicine ball front raises. Lift the medicine ball up out in front of you until your arms are about parallel with the floor. Lower the ball back down and repeat.
#14 Medicine Ball Planks and Variations
Planks are more effective than you might think for strengthening, tightening, and toning your abs and entire body. Get into an extended pushups position with your hands on top of a medicine ball and your legs extended back behind you. Hold a plank position as long as you can (aim for at least 30 seconds).
Try variations of a traditional medicine ball plank, such as:
- Plank jacks: rapidly move your feet apart and back together continuously while holding a medicine ball plank position.
- Shoulder touch planks: while in a plank position, touch your left shoulder with your right hand, then touch your right shoulder with your left hand and repeat continuously.
- Mountain climbers: stay in a medicine ball plank position and bring your right knee in toward the ball, then your left knee toward the ball, and alternate (right to left) continuously.
- Side to side plank hip dips: while in a medicine ball plank position, dip your hips from side to side. Move your right hip toward the ground, then rotate and move your left hip toward the floor and repeat (right to left) continuously.
#15 Medicine Ball V Sit-Ups
To work your upper and lower abs from the comfort of home, try medicine ball V sit-ups! Lie flat on your back to begin. Keep your arms and legs straight during the exercise and hold the medicine ball in your hands. Do a crunch and bring your hands toward your feet up in the air. Lower your body back down and repeat the exercise continuously.
#16 Medicine Ball Leg Raises
Lie flat on your back with your legs straight but up in the air at a 90-degree angle. Hold a medicine ball between your knees. Slowly lower your legs down until they almost touch the floor, lift them back up, and repeat continuously as long as you can.
#17 Medicine Ball Russian Twists
While holding a medicine ball in your hands, sit down on the ground on your butt and create a V shape with your upper and lower body. Bend at the knees and lift your heels off the floor slightly. Place the medicine ball at your right hip and rotate it from your right hip to your left hip continuously.
How Important is Exercise at Home for Men?
Fitter Healthier Dad is a program designed for busy men over 40 who would like to:
- Build muscle mass
- Reach or maintain a healthy weight
- Eat healthier
- Burn fat
- Feel better
- Reduce chronic disease risks
- Become healthier versions of themselves
The Fitter Healthier Dad no gym program helps you achieve the muscular physique you desire without stepping foot in a gym!
It’s a weight loss and healthy lifestyle program created for fathers who lead busy lives but want to get healthy and spend as much time with their families as possible. Sign up for the Fitter Healthier Dad FREE 4-step fat-burning plan to get started today!